Title: Protégé: Developing Your Next Generation of Church Leaders
Author: Steve Saccone
Summary: God is raising up a generation (our generation) of young leaders – protégés – who need guidance in their calling to serve and lead people in the pursuit of God. These protégés need discipled and trained to lead.
Started Reading on: July 6, 2012
Why I’m Reading it: When two of my close friends recommended this book I knew I had to read it soon. Developing leaders under the biblical call of discipleship is critical for shaping our local communities. God is at work in our community in calling up young and developing leaders and he has designed them with specific and unique gifts to build His Church upon. Knowing how to mentor and coach young leaders is what this book is all about.
Title: Multiplying Missional Leaders
Author: Mike Breen
Started Reading on: June 17, 2012
Why I’m Reading it:
Author: Randy Frazee
Summary: The Heart of the Story explores the massive narrative of the scriptures and how it ties all our of “lower stories” into the “upper story” of Christ and the Gospel.
Started Reading on: Jan 1, 2012
Why I’m Reading it: I received this book from my good friend Michael Perkins. I am stuck in a “story” phase and I want to get my hands on every book that focuses on the story narrative of the Bible. Frazee explores the “story” aspect of the Bible in reference to how our lower stories tie into the greater upper story of the Gospel.
Untamed: Reactivating a missional form of discipleship by Alan & Debra Hirsch
- The Gospel Commission: Recovering God’s Strategy for Making Disciples by Michael Horton
- First Time Dad: the stuff you really need to know by John Fuller
- Launching Missional Communities: A field guide by Mike Breen and Alex Absalom
- Paper Angels, A Novel by Billy Coffey
- With: Reimagining the Way you Realte to God by Skye Jethani
- AND: the Gathered and Scattered Church by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay
- The Hunger Games & Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins